THE CHRISTMAS MARKET
Countdown to Christmas Market…….
The Treasure Trove needs clean, gently used items for relocation to new homes.
- Please put measurements on all linens
- PLEASE No electrical items OR Books
- UWC Crafters (aka-Members’ Room) is eager to showcase your beautiful handicrafts .
- The Gallery features paintings, objet d’art, and much more donated by you.
- Drop in to Ralph’s Bistro , open from 11:30 am—3:00 pm both days and enjoy a delicious lunch or snack!
- The Sign-up Sheets for volunteering at Christmas Market are on the hall table at the club.
It takes all of us to make this a successful fundraiser: so please, donate your talents, volunteer for a two hour shift, bring all your family and friends to the sale, shop and enjoy some refreshments at “The Bistro” Send out an online invitation, and our” Bookmarks” to everyone you know !!
Any questions?? Please contact Penni Churko – Convener
See you at the Market !!!!!
A Reminder for all Bakers & Cooks
We need your help for The UWC Christmas Market Bake Shoppe
- Please whip us up a cake, cookies, loaves, pies, muffins, shortbread, squares, dainties, candy or snacks. Use your imagination!!!
- Please wrap your products tightly and festively.
- Single items, attractively packaged, also sell well.
- There are lists of items that ‘can’ and ‘cannot’ be sold in the Bake Shoppe available at the club.(see Sept. Bulletin)
Baking can be dropped off on Thurs., Nov. 2 or Friday, Nov. 3 . Please bring it early enough so that we have time to price it before the sale starts. Baking brought in on Sat., the 4th, helps to keep the tables looking full and festive!!!
For more information or to pass on suggestions please contact Alison Darling or Leona MacDonald
FRIDAY, Nov. 3rd: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
SATURDAY, Nov. 4th: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Your Christmas Market Committee is already busy planning for November. For all the knitters and crafters, we have wool available for you (in Maggi's office). Gently used items for the Treasure Trove and Gallery may be dropped off in the Honeyman Room (rear of second floor). We Need Your Help!! We need a VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR. Please contact Penni Churko 204.757.2274 We will have the volunteer sign up sheets available for mid September. Please sign up for a shift or two!
Thank you from your Christmas Market Committee.
For our wonderful cooks and bakers, the city’s bylaw guidelines for items prepared for the Bake Shoppe are on page 19 of the Sept Bulletin.
Click on the image to the right for a larger version
beeswax candles,freshwater pearls,
tree decorations,pottery,fused glass, placemats,
watercolours,bath & body soaps, felted shawls
everything and anything!
54 West Gate - Ralph Connor House Built - 1914
The Christmas Market displays three floors of local Manitoba crafts, gift ware, boutiques and baking. What you will see inside at the Christmas Market located in the Ralph Connor House.
Manitoba locally made crafts and gift ware – show casing a wide variety of items that will be a delight for your home, family and friends.
The Gallery features paintings and object d'art
The Bake Shoppe
Features homemade delicious baked goods for single and family servings.
A varying display of gently used items seeking a new home.
Ralph's Bistro is open from 11:00 a.m. To 3:00 p.m. On both days. Drop in and enjoy a delicious lunch or snack by Chamberlyn's.
Find unique hand-made items – one of a kind.
University Women's Club of Winnipeg
Celebrating 108 years 1909 – 2017
Located in the National Historic Ralph Connor House
www.uwcwinnipeg.ca 204-954-7880 email@example.com
A Club for You