Contemporary Literature Book Club
The Contemporary Literature Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month at 1:00.
Remember to sign up for lunch!!
Join us on Tuesday, December 5th at 1:00 pm as we review and discuss The Break by Katerina Vermette. All are welcome to sign up for lunch prior to our gathering. We do not meet in January. Our first gathering in 2018 will be February 6th when we review Madeleine Thien’s novel Do Not Say We Have Nothing.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Join us at any time.
The launch of our season will be on Tuesday, Oct. 3 at 1:00 PM featuring snip-pets from Stephen Lea-cock and reflections on our summer reads. All are welcome to join us as one way to prepare for the Stephen Leacock Dinner and Presentation at the club on Thursday, Oct. 26.
2017 - 2018
Welcome back and please join the members of the Contemporary Literature Book Club on October 3rd at 1:00 pm. We will share some of our favourite summer reads and dis-cuss the author and humorist Stephen Leacock. The 2017-18 list of titles, dates and pre-senters can be found on the UWCW website.
- Oct. 03 Any short story by Stephen Leacock Judy McDonald
- Nov. 07 After Light — Catherine Hunter Nettie Peters
- Dec. 05 The Break — Katherena Vermette Marg Cuddy
- Feb. 05 Do Not Say We Have Nothing — Madeliene Thien Muriel Smith March 06 Circling the Sun — Paula McLain Grace Johnson
- April 03 Secret Daughter — Shilpi Somaya Gowda Alison Darling
- May 01 When Breath Becomes Air — Paul Kalaihli Leona Macdonald
- June 05 Lunch and selection of titles for 2018-19
Jan 3rd: "The Illegal" By Laurence Hill presented by Joyce MacMartin
Feb 7th: "Girl Runner" by Carrie Synder presented by Karen Emilson
March 7th: "The Little Paris Bookshop" by Nina George presented by Barb Burt
April 4th: "Fifteen Dogs" by Andrew Alexis presented by Val Nielsen
May 2nd: "Casual Vacancy" by J.K. Rowlings presented by Sherratt Moffatt
June 6th: Noon lunch and book selection for 2017 - 2018
To be presented Oct. 4 1:00
To be presented Nov. 1 1:00