Contemporary Literature Book Club
The Contemporary Literature Book Club members have the freedom to present and discuss a novel in a manner that is
comfortable with them. Usually, the presenter shares facts about the author, background of the book, and then
encourages the members to give their opinion(s). The discussion of Pamela McLain's book, CIRCLING THE SUN,
resulted in following it up with watching the movie Out of Africa.
The Contemporary Literature Book Club meets the 1st Tuesday of the month at 1:00.
Join us in signing up for lunch prior to meeting.
UPCOMING DATES (2019)
We will meet on Tuesday, May 7 at 1:00 pm for a group discussion of The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. Our June meeting will be a get-together to discuss books for next year and also for summer reading.
- May. 07 The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid; Donna Plant
- JUNE 04 Lunch, selection of books & presenters
- Apr. 02 The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- Mar. 05 Noise of Time by Julian Barnes; Barbara Burt
- Feb. 05 Great Alone by Kristin Hannah; Barbara Sparling
- Dec. 04 Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood; Val Nielsen
- Nov. 06 Forgiveness by Mark Sakamoto; Margaret Owen. This book was the 2018 winner of Canada Reads.
- Oct. 02 Lunch & discussion of our summer reading
- Tuesday, June 5th 1:00 pm – Lunch and selection of titles for 2018 - 2019
- June 05: Lunch and selection of titles for 2018-19
May 01 When Breath Becomes Air — Paul Kalaihli
April 03: Secret Daughter — Shilpi Somaya Gowda
March 06: Circling The Sun by Paula McLain
Feb. 06: Do Not Say We Have Nothing — Madeliene Thien
Click on the image to view the gallery