Contemporary Literature Book Club
The Contemporary Literature Book Club members have the freedom to present and discuss a novel in a manner that is
comfortable with them. Usually, the presenter shares facts about the author, background of the book, and then
encourages the members to give their opinion(s). The discussion of Pamela McLain's book, CIRCLING THE SUN,
resulted in following it up with watching the movie Out of Africa.
The Contemporary Literature Book Club meets the 1st Tuesday of the month at 1:00.
Join us in signing up for lunch prior to meeting.
- Tuesday, June 5th 1:00 pm – Lunch and selection of titles for 2018 - 2019
2018 -2019 Book List
- OCTOBER 02 LUNCH AND DISCUSSION
- NOVEMBER 06 FORGIVENESS by Mark Sakamoto Margaret Owen
- DECEMBER 04 HAGSEED by Margaret Atwood Val Nielsen
- FEBRUARY 05 GREAT ALONE by Kristin Hannah Barbara Sparling
- MARCH 05 NOISE OF TIME by Julian Barnes Barbara Burt
- APRIL 02 A TRAIN IN WINTER by Caroline Moorehead Janice Ward
- MAY 07 THE RELUCTANT FUNDAMENTALIST Donna Plant BY MOHSIN HAMID
On Tuesday, June 5th, enjoy lunch and discussions about books! Please sign up for lunch and bring a suggestion or two for books to read and discuss for 2018-19. It is also a time to suggest summer reads! All are welcome.
- June 05: Lunch and selection of titles for 2018-19
May 01 When Breath Becomes Air — Paul Kalaihli
April 03: Secret Daughter — Shilpi Somaya Gowda
March 06: Circling The Sun by Paula McLain
Feb. 06: Do Not Say We Have Nothing — Madeliene Thien
Click on the image to view the gallery