Contemporary Literature Book Club
The Contemporary Literature Book Club members have the freedom to present and discuss a novel in a manner that is
comfortable with them. Usually, the presenter shares facts about the author, background of the book, and then
encourages the members to give their opinion(s). The discussion of Pamela McLain's book, CIRCLING THE SUN,
resulted in following it up with watching the movie Out of Africa.
The Contemporary Literature Book Club meets the 1st Tuesday of the month at 1:00.
Join us in signing up for lunch prior to meeting.
CONTEMPORARY LITERATURE BOOK LIST
- Oct. 1: WOMEN TALKING by Miriam Toews (Judy McDonald)
- Nov. 5: FULL DISCLOSURE by Beverley McLachlin
- Dec. 3: BROTHERS by David Chariandy (Marg Cuddy)
- Feb. 4: A GENTLEMEN FROM MOSCOW by Amor Towles (Grace Johnson)
- March 3: EDUCATED by Tara Westover (Muriel Smith)
- April 7: RED NOTICE by Bill Browder (Alison Darling)
- May 5: WINDUP: Lunch and selection of books
Click on the image to view the gallery