The University Women’s Club was founded in 1909.
At that time, club members were engaged in the struggle to gain the vote and to improve wages and working conditions for women. Those values continue as members support the advancement of education, the arts, and social and civic reform. Through our Scholarship Trust Fund, the University Women’s Club annually awards more than 25 scholarships and bursaries to students at local universities, colleges and arts groups.
The University Women’s Club is affiliated with the Canadian Federation of University Women and the GWI – Graduate Women International. The Club has made its home in the beautiful Ralph Connor House since 1939. It is a National Historic Site, a Manitoba Historic Site and a City of Winnipeg Heritage House.
Click the image for a print version (PDF)