A Sense of Place – A Spirit of Belonging
The University Women’s Club was founded in 1909.
At that time, club members were engaged in the struggle to gain the vote and to improve wages and working conditions for women.
These values continue today as members support the advancement of education, the arts, and social and civic reform.
The Club has made its home since 1939 in the beautiful Jacobethan Revival Style Ralph Connor House. Built in 1913 - 1914, the mansion has been designated as a National Historic Site, a Manitoba Historic Site and a City of Winnipeg Heritage building.
BENEFITS OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP
- Membership Here and Around the World – We are a member club in the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) and Graduate Women International. (GWI). Learn more about women making a difference at www.cfuw.org.
- Enrichment and Lifelong Learning - Meet interesting women of all backgrounds from around the world. Enjoy lunch and dinner speakers, lectures and social events.
- Fellowship & Friendship - Interact with women who are interested in friendship and shared activities. Attend social activities, host colleagues and friends in our Ralph Connor House.
- Interest Groups- These groups are member driven regular gatherings in which common interests are shared. Imagine yourself in a group of interesting women who enjoy bridge, book discussions, wine appreciation, movies, theatre, scrabble, going out to different restaurants, walking together and writing.
- Committees - The Club has a number of different Committees that members can join. These Committees are involved in the functioning of the Club and in the area of ongoing Education.
- Advocacy – Our members enthusiastically advocate our policies – locally, nationally and internationally.
- Newsletter and Updates - The Club has a monthly newsletter and reminders for upcoming events that are sent out on a regular basis.
- Member’s Rates for Rentals – Members enjoy discounted rental rates when using Ralph Connor House for social events. Consider using Ralph Connor House for weddings, meetings, parties and special family events.