MONDAY AFTERNOON BOOK CLUB
We take an eclectic approach to choosing books ranging from well loved classics to current works and everything else in between. Our discussion is lively and respectful of everyone’s opinions. New members are welcomed at any time of the year.
We meet from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm on the first Monday of the month.
However, due to Easter Monday, we will meet next on April 9th
Monday April 9th: Lorraine Yphantides will present The Beauty of the Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb.
On Monday May 7th, Catherine Holmes will present The Reluctant Funda-mentalist by Mohsin Hamid.
Members are welcome to join us at any time.
2017/18 DATES, BOOKS AND PRESENTERS
- March 5, Hilda Wagstaffe will present Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope.
- February 5, Shelagh Marchenski will present After Light by Catherine Hunter.
- Dec.4: Stoner by John Williams – Anne Dunlop
- Nov.6: Nutshell by Ian McEwan – Agnes Collins
- Oct. 2: A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman – Nancy Rutherford
- Feb.5: After Light by Catherine Hunter – Shelagh Marchenski
- Mar.5: Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope – Hilda Wagstaffe
- Apr.2: The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb - Lorraine Yphantides
- May 7: The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid – Catherine Holmes
- June 4: Hidden Treasures and final book list for 2018/19 - All