MONDAY AFTERNOON BOOK CLUB
We meet from 1:00 - 3:00 on the first Monday of the month.
- On December 4th Anne Dunlop will present Stoner by John Williams.
- On February 5th Shelagh Marchenski will present After Light by Catherine Hunter.
N.B. There is no meeting in January.
Members are welcome to join us at any time of the year.
On November 6th Agnes Collins will present Nutshell by Ian McEwan On December 4th Anne Dunlop will present Stoner by John Wil-liams Members are welcome to join us at any time of the year.
The Monday Evening Book Club will now be known as the MONDAY AFTERNOON BOOK CLUB
We meet the first Monday of the month, starting on October 2 2017 until June 4 2018, from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm. We take an eclectic approach to choosing books ranging from well loved classics to current works and everything else in between. Our discussions are lively and respectful of everyone’s opinions.
New members are welcome at any time of the year. Nancy Rutherford will present A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman Mon. Oct. 2 at 1:00 pm.
2017/18 DATES, BOOKS AND PRESENTERS
- Oct. 2: A Man Called Ove by Frederik Backman – Nancy Rutherford
- Nov.6: Nutshell by Ian McEwan – Agnes Collins
- Dec.4: Stoner by John Williams – Anne Dunlop
- Feb.5: After Light by Catherine Hunter – Shelagh Marchenski
- Mar.5: Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope – Hilda Wagstaffe
- Apr.2: The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb - Lorraine Yphantides
- May 7: The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid – Catherine Holmes
- June 4: Hidden Treasures and final book list for 2018/19 - All