Most walks start @ 9:30 am unless otherwise noted.
- Wed. Oct 11 Beaudry Park.( SW of Headingley) Provincial Rd 241
- Wed. Oct 25 Charleswood Parkway Meet @ Safeway Store 3900 Grant Ave
- Wed. Nov. 8 Henteleff Park (St Vital) Meet @ 1964 St Mary's Rd parking lot inside park
- Wed. Nov. 22 Bruce Park (St. James) Meet at the Bourkevale Community Club 100 Ferry Rd.
- Wed. Dec. 6 Seine River Parkway Meet at the Franco Manitoba parking lot at 340 Provencher Blvd.
All members very welcome to join in!
The Walking Group meets twice a month, on the second and fourth Wednesdays in the morning. In the fall and late spring we usually try to plan walks out of the city. In recent years we have gone as far afield as Grand Beach, Victoria Beach, Winnipeg Beach, Gimli, Pinawa, Carmen, Bird’s Hill, St. Lupicin, and Ardyth McMaster’s property at Rossendale. These are what we call all-day walks—either we pack a picnic lunch or eat in a local restaurant.
During the winter months, we explore trails within or close to the city, beginning at 9:30 am and ending around 11:30 am. Often we enjoy coffee in interesting little cafes such as the Neighborhood Bookstore and Café on Westminster Avenue. Since many of our members also belong to one or more of the UWC Book Clubs, we often enjoy literary discussions as we walk. We have even been referred to as ‘The Walking Book Club”!
There are about ten members. Our walks are not strenuous, and we welcome anyone who enjoys walking, stimulating conversation and good cheer (we share lots of laughs)!
Co-conveners of the group are Barbara Sparling and Margaret Owen, and members take turns planning the walks.
Bunn's Creek on Henderson Hwy
Standing:(l to R) Donna Plant, Marg Cuddy, Nancy Vincent, Barb Sparling, Janice Ward, Judy McDonald
Sitting: (l to R) Grace Johnson, Val Neilsen
Photo by: Sandy Millen
Kildonan Park, Winnipeg
Ahhhh I don’t think Woody-Mhitik’s eligible for a UWC Membership. Could we adopt him? Photo taken by Sandy Millen on Jan.13 in the Bois-des-esprits in St. Vital.