Throughout the year, our members further the club’s goals by supporting local initiatives making a difference in the lives of those in need living in Winnipeg and beyond.
We encourage UWC members to present projects to the board for consideration that fall within the club’s objectives. All of the projects we undertake involve the active participation of club members. The club does not provide financial gifts as part of its support.
Some of the initiatives we have supported include:
- The Christmas Shoebox Project aiding women in shelters over the holidays
- The Kindred Project providing feminine hygiene products to those living in poverty
- School Snack Program
- Calendars for hospital rooms and personal care homes
- School book bag collection
- Heritage Winnipeg’s Doors Open event.