The Mystery Readers meet at 4:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month at the Ralph Connor House.
We read mysteries by authors from all over the world and have a fine time discussing their work and lots of other things as well. The first meeting is in September and the last in June.
In November we hold our Murder Mystery Dinner where members of the group take parts and grill each other about our
movements and motives.
In December at our Christmas party everyone brings a giftwrapped book – new or gently used – and enjoy a little
larceny as we steal books from each other.
February brings our film night when we watch a mystery video with popcorn and pizza
Come June we select our authors and books for the next year. We always have a good time and everyone is always
Remember to bring a healthy snack or money for the children at Mulvey School.
All members most welcome.
Wed. Nov. 7 4:30 Our Annual Murder Mystery Dinner organized by Rhoda Sewell.
Old college friends are having a reunion- but for one of them it will be his last! Join us to solve the mystery and find out who is the murderer. Everyone is welcome to join us for dinner and to ask questions and offer opinions. If you wish to play a part in the action phone Rhoda Sewell or Pat Elliott. Great food, whacky costumes and lots of mayhem! Sign up early and sharpen up your sleuthing skills.
- Nov. 7 Annual Murder Mystery Dinner group event Rhoda Sewell
- Dec. 5 Annual Christmas Party & Gift Exchange
- Jan. 9 Books by Elsa Hart Pat Elliott
- Feb. 6 Annual Mystery Film :The Moth Catcher based on an Anne Cleve’s Vera Stanhope mystery Rhoda Sewell
March 6 Sign of the Cross Anne Emery Winnie Warkentin
Read Sign of the Cross for discussion.
- April 3 TBA
- May 1 Full Disclosure Beverley McLachlan, former Chief Justice of Canada Dianne Shefford
- June 5 Selection of Books for following year group event
- Sept. 5 Crimson Shore Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child Kathleen Parums
Oct. 3 Force of Nature Jane Harper Dianne Shefford.
Obit, Barrington Street Blues, Cecilian Vespers
“Children in the Morning, Death at Christy Burke’s “
Blood on a Saint, Ruined Abbey, Lament for Bonnie “
- Our June meeting will be devoted to selecting our reading list for the 2018-2019 season.
Mar 7 Woman Chased by Crows by Marc Strange
Presenter: Marianne Schumacher
- Feb 7 Murder Mystery Dinner
Jan 10 France series by Peter May
- Dec 6 Mystery Christmas Party
Nov 8 Mystery Movie Night
Facilitator: Rhoda Sewell
- Oct 26 Three Book Clubs Dinner featuring works of Stephen Leacock
Oct 4 Isle of Lewisseries by Peter May
Sep 6 Jo Nesbo series