The Mystery Readers meet at 4:30 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month at the Ralph Connor House.
We read mysteries by authors from all over the world and have a fine time discussing their work and lots of other things as well. The first meeting is in September and the last in June.
In November we hold our Murder Mystery Dinner where members of the group take parts and grill each other about our
movements and motives.
In December at our Christmas party everyone brings a giftwrapped book – new or gently used – and enjoy a little
larceny as we steal books from each other.
February brings our film night when we watch a mystery video with popcorn and pizza
Come June we select our authors and books for the next year. We always have a good time and everyone is always
Remember to bring a healthy snack or money for the children at Mulvey School.
All members most welcome.
- May 1 Full Disclosure Beverley McLachlan, former Chief Justice of Canada Dianne Shefford. Works of Linda Castillo Faye Hansen.
- June 5 Selection of Books for following year group event
March 6 Sign of the Cross Anne Emery Winnie Warkentin
Read Sign of the Cross for discussion.
- Feb. 6 Annual Mystery Film :The Moth Catcher based on an Anne Cleve’s Vera Stanhope mystery Rhoda Sewell
- Jan. 9 Books by Elsa Hart Pat Elliott
- Dec. 5 Annual Christmas Party & Gift Exchange
- Nov. 7 Annual Murder Mystery Dinner group event Rhoda Sewell
Oct. 3 Force of Nature Jane Harper Dianne Shefford.
Obit, Barrington Street Blues, Cecilian Vespers
“Children in the Morning, Death at Christy Burke’s “
Blood on a Saint, Ruined Abbey, Lament for Bonnie “
- Sept. 5 Crimson Shore Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child Kathleen Parums